Friday, February 20, 2009

Forum Link Building

How do you build links from forums? Many forums give you the oppotunity to have a signature at the bottom of each of your posts so each time you reply to a thread (topic, discussion) or start a thread you leave your signature just under your post. Not all forums allow you to place a link in your signature, so you should view this as a sort of 'thank you' from the forum for adding content to their website and so PLEASE make sure the content you add is relevant to the discussion and DONT SPAM forums. The better or more interesting your posts are the more likely you will recieve comments back and in turn have people click onto the links you leave. This means you will have direct traffic going to the website you are linking to because you have made a good post. The one thing to remember about building links in forums is to make sure that your posts are interesting and relevant to that forum.
How do I set up my signature? First you will need to register with a forum having done this you then go to profile settings and then edit signature, here is where you place your link (rememeber to use key terms see my earlier post on link styles) make sure you click the box that says add signature to all my posts. Now each one of your posts will leave your signature and thus leave a link to the website you are trying to promote.
Forum link building is one of my my favourite form of link building. Why? Because it gives me the oppotunity to interact with others on the internet and try to discuss and enlight others about my clients websites using the various forums that relate to their key terms. Forums are a great place to learn about anything and everything from babies to cars there are forums to suit all tastes.
Here is an example of 2 forum links I built click this link 100 years romance if you look at the num 1 position (forums.buddy.com) that's my link, look at num 9 (womenonlyforums.com) that's my link. Each of these links are built from forums what is important to note is that these are starter threads (meaning I started the thread or topic) and this enables me to give a title to the thread which in turn gives me the ability to get my title in the title tags and meta information which search engines look at when ranking web pages.
Imagine if my forum posts are ranking position 1 on Google for their key terms - how good are these links? Good! I have managed to move clients onto page 1 for their key terms, sometimes with very few of these links.
What is important when building forum links is to try and find forums that are of the same theme as the website you are promoting. Example look at my num 1 link http://forums.buddytv.com/romance/73065-100-years-romance.html you can see that although buddytv is about television programs I have gone to the romance section to post my link, therefore I am now building a link from a forum that has a theme of romance. If you look at the link I have left in my signature it is the key term romance. Thus I have now built a link from a themed forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment